Indiamart is an amazing online marketplace that connects buyers and sellers. It serves as a friendly platform for businesses to showcase their wonderful products and services, allowing potential customers to discover and connect with them.
With a wide range of categories and industries represented, Indiamart provides a vast network of fantastic opportunities for both buyers and sellers to expand their business reach.
When considering the use of a new platform or service, it's natural to have concerns about its safety and reliability. In the case of IndiaMART, there are a few key considerations that can help determine its safety for your business needs.
Firstly, it's important to note that IndiaMART has been in operation for over 20 years, providing a track record of stability and experience. The platform uses industry-standard security measures to protect user data and transactions.
However, as with any online service, there are always potential risks to consider, such as fraudulent activity or cyber-attacks. It's important to stay vigilant and take necessary precautions to protect your business when using any online platform, including IndiaMART.
IndiaMART offers a range of payment methods for maximum convenience to customers. The IndiaMART payment gateway can handle major credit and debit cards, e-wallets, UPI, and net banking. When you make a payment through IndiaMART, rest assured that your sensitive financial information is secure, as the IndiaMART payment gateway fully complies with relevant security standards.
However, IndiaMART does not provide money-back guarantees and has limited capabilities in helping you resolve scams. Although many buyers and sellers share their experiences, it is important to exercise caution when engaging in transactions on the platform.
IndiaMART is an online marketplace that connects buyers and suppliers. While the platform offers a convenient way to do business, it is important to be aware of potential scammers. Here are some tips to help you identify scammers on IndiaMART:
As a Buyer: To avoid getting caught by Scamming Sellers
As a buyer, you may wonder, "Is IndiaMART genuine for buyers?" The following guidance will help you avoid getting caught by scamming sellers.
- Look for product listings that have a good amount of product information filled up and well-taken product pictures.
- If it’s hard to verify if a seller is genuine or not, do not pay 100% in advance for products. The worst case is you can find another seller.
- You can ask for proof of the product via email or WhatsApp, as well as proof of past sales.
- If you’re not sure and not in a rush, you can check with an IndiaMART customer service representative. Occasionally they can help you verify the seller, but time must be on your side.
- Look out for the Company’s GST code and Import/export codes. It’s additional paperwork, and less legitimate businesses would often not bother with them.
- Use the Payment Protection Program offered by IndiaMART. Your money will be held with IndiaMART until your purchase has been delivered to you. Then the money will be transferred to the supplier.
- Check for evidence of successful shipment. Such receipts can be forged, so make sure they are sent from real businesses, with online tracking numbers if possible.
Most importantly: a genuine business that truly wants your honest business will make an effort to demonstrate that it’s a real business (within reasonable expectations). This will show in the information they put on their website, the way they reach out to you, and the passion they have for their products.
As a Seller: To avoid wasting time on Scamming Buyers
- Do not give discounts simply because they ask for them. In return ask for more qty, or upfront payment, etc.
- Check the profile of your buyers (if possible). If they are a business, ask for their business profile information.
- Use the Payment Protection Program offered by IndiaMART. It gives trust to the buyer. The payment will be held with IndiaMART until the buyer’s purchase has been delivered successfully. Then the money will be transferred to you. Scammers will not go via this payment method, and if they do IndiaMART can intervene to help with any problems.
- If you have an MOQ, stick to your MOQ. Do not simply give in to less because they ask for it. Alternatively, you can provide different bundling options to them.
- Be selective with your buyer leads. More serious buyers usually have more detailed descriptions in their requests.
- In B2B sales if you are unsure, start with smaller quantities to try before larger shipments.
Fellow IndiaMART Sellers can read the first section to see what factors people look for in order to build a trusting company profile and product profile. More information on how IndiaMART sellers can sell better is here.
In conclusion, IndiaMART has been operating for over 20 years and uses industry-standard security measures to protect user data and transactions. However, like any online service, there are potential risks to consider, such as fraudulent activity or cyber-attacks. Both buyers and sellers should exercise caution when engaging in transactions on the platform and use IndiaMART's Payment Protection Program.