How to start an e-commerce business. We spoke to Michelle Fu, a Marketing Manager at SoftBank Corp, boasting a decade of experience in both B2B and B2C sectors. Having done both, start her e-commerce business and also work for a big corporation Michelle shares her unique perspective on the pivotal role pricing plays in the realm of marketing, shedding light on how it directly impacts sales generation, while also sharing interesting insights and her experience starting her own marketplace e-commerce business.
- How to get your first sale
- Role of Videos in e-commerce
- Sustainability, Ethical Shopping, and Personalization
- Harnessing Data, Pricing Strategies, and Effective Marketing Channels
Listen to the episode
1. To generate initial sales, it is essential to identify the target audience and a unique selling point, while pricing products supported by competitor research.
2. Good quality videos are a great way to improve conversion rates on your online store.
3. The future of e-commerce is expected to lay emphasis on sustainability and ethical shopping.
4. Successful e-commerce operators rely on data-driven decision-making and ways to build brand loyalty.
5. Personalized marketing campaigns resonate with customers and reduce CAC.
About Michelle Fu
Michelle has over 10 years of experience in sales and marketing in both B2B and B2C sectors. Michelle has a proven track record of leading successful marketing campaigns and driving growth through integrated omni channel digital marketing strategies. Currently serving as the APAC Marketing Manager at SoftBank Corp, Michelle spearheads regional marketing efforts to boost customer acquisition and enhance brand awareness across Asia Pacific markets.
About SoftBank Corp
SoftBank Corp. group is one of the leading platform companies in Japan, holding a nationwide telecommunications network, the Internet media platform Yahoo! JAPAN, the payment platform PayPay, and the social media application LINE.